Who We Are
Quality cancer treatment at a reasonable price in Kolkata
During that time. With the help and support of Dr. B.C. Roy, an eminent physician and the then Chief Minister of West Bengal, the foundation of the present day Chittaranjan Cancer Hospital (CCH) was laid. The hospital was formally inaugurated by Prof. Madam J. Curie in January 2, 1950 and named after Deshbandhu Chittaranjan Das, as a tribute to and in acknowledgement of the enormous donation of his land and property for the cause. Initially this was a cancer treatment centre, which gradually expanded its activities in basic and clinical research with the assistance from government funding organizations. This eventually led to the founding of the Chittaranjan National Cancer Research Centre (CNCRC), funded by the Government of India in 1957, which was committed to basic research on cancer. The Chittaranjan Cancer Hospital and Chittaranjan National Cancer Research Centre functioned as separate entities in adjacent buildings until their merger in 1987 and emergence of Chittaranjan National Cancer Institute (CNCI) with the objective of serving as a premier Regional Cancer Center (RCC) for the Eastern Region of the Country.